#foolsize at heart

Home Forums Listener’s Rides Full Size #foolsize at heart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    87srunner
    Participant

Hi Guys, My name is Daniel and I wanted to share a few of my rigs. I work in Davis as a Mechanic(smog tech in training) and I like GM products (specifically the S10 series trucks).

Here is my 1991 Chevy S10. Its a #Foolsize at heart. Started life as a 2wd V6, but now has a 5.7L TBI V8 backed by a nv3500 5speed and a np231/np241 doubler (118:1 crawl ratio). Axles are a Chevy D44 up front (D60 sitting in garage waiting for funds to 3link with 16″ FOA C/Os) and an Eaton H072 full floater rear with a Detroit, both with 4.56s. Suspension: front is Dodge dakota 52s (offset center pin) with Slider boxes instead of shackles and 14″ bilstiens. Rear is Ford F150 57s with 12″ bilstiens. Tires and wheels are currently 39.5 Iroks on H1 Double beadlocks. Overall the truck does great with plans for a front 60 with Hydro assist, Detroit locker, and a 3 link front. I daily drove it from Roseville,Ca to Davis, Ca for awhile but decided to do a rebuild with the V8 swap. Once the V8 is in, I plan on taking it to the Smog referee at my school and getting it BAR/Smog legal since I enjoy driving to the trail almost as much as being on the trail.

This is my 1971 GMC Jimmy. It currently has a SB350/SM465/Np205/D60/Eaton H072/ 4.56s/37s on 18×10. I am currently building a Turbo 6.2 diesel (for fuel mileage) that should be going in this spring with an nv4500 (if i can find one in my budget). Plan is to make this a nice family cruiser/tow rig.

And lastly this is my 88 Chevy S10. I purchase this as a stock 4wd with a v6/auto to  build and sell. and yes, the Hippy flower paint job was courtesy of the previous owner. Now it is all white, with stock drivetrain and a solid axle swap on 37s. axles are a wagoneer low pinion 44 and Eaton H072 axle (see a pattern yet) and 4.56s. I’ve built some body protection out of 1.5″ tube and added some Corbeau seats to make long trail rides a little more comfortable than the decrepit stock bench seat. Once its finished its going to be really hard to let it go but that just means money for the top 2 rigs or my wife’s 09 JK 😉

Greg
    Keymaster

Nice rigs.  I’ve always s liked the s10 platforms and feel they are a little underrated for what they are.

I assumed you were a Toyota guy by the user name.  My bad.

87srunner
    Participant

Thanks. I grew up with my Father owning S10s and my first truck was an 87 S10 that I built into a mild prerunner. hence the name.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Podcasts

Instagram